Syracuse rolls past FordhamNov 13, 2013 - 6:23 AM Syracuse, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - C.J. Fair had 26 points and six rebounds as No. 9 Syracuse took down Fordham, 89-74, on Tuesday night.
Freshman point guard Tyler Ennis added 16 points, five assists and four steals, while Jerami Grant contributed 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Orange (2-0), who defeated Cornell in their season opener on Friday.
"He had a few turnovers in the first half but none in the second half," Syracuse head coach Kim Boeheim said of Fair. "He was much more solid, and steady (in the second half). That's what I expect out of him."
Branden Frazier netted 33 points to lead the Rams (1-1).
Fair netted seven quick points as the Orange raced out to a 12-2 start.
Back-to-back buckets by Grant staked Syracuse a 25-8 advantage a little past the midway point of the first half before the hosts took a 46-21 cushion into the locker room.
The margin never dipped below double figures the rest of the way as the Orange cruised to victory over the final 20 minutes.
"As a team, we also hit a lot of free throws, which is very important," Grant said. "I personally think I could have shot a little better from the free- throw line. I also missed a few open jumpers, but the team as a whole shot extremely well."
DaJuan Coleman tallied 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Orange ... Syracuse was just 2-of-16 from beyond the arc ... The Orange outrebounded Fordham, 48-29 ... Syracuse led by as many as 27.
- FORDHAM: 74
Nov 12 9:32 PM
- FORDHAM: 21
Nov 12 8:21 PM
- FORDHAM: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 12 7:33 PM
- Syracuse's Malachi Richardson all-in for NBA draft May 17
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Apr 18
- Syracuse reserve center Chinonso Obokoh transferring Apr 7
- Syracuse guard Kaleb Joseph transferring Apr 5
- Syracuse's Boeheim scoffs at idea that it was rough season Apr 3
- Correction: Final Four-Syracuse story Apr 3
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31
- Syracuse rides improbable run to Final Four Mar 28
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Judge tosses suit by ex-Syracuse coach's wife against ESPN Mar 26
- Gonzaga taking on Syracuse's vaunted zone in Sweet 16 Mar 25