Jett leads Saint Louis in rout of RichmondJan 30, 2014 - 3:38 AM St. Louis, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - Jordair Jett had 21 points and 10 rebounds as No. 19 Saint Louis routed Richmond, 77-57, on Wednesday night.
Dwayne Evans tallied 15 points and 10 boards, Austin McBroom netted 12 points off the bench and Rob Loe added 10 points, five rebounds and four assists for the Billikens (19-2, 6-0 A-10), who have won 13 straight games.
Saint Louis is off to its second best start in school history behind the 1993-94 team that began 19-1.
Kendall Anthony scored 14 points, while Derrick Williams recorded 10 points and 10 rebounds for Richmond (14-7, 4-2), which had its four-game winning streak snapped.
The Billikens raced out to a 20-5 advantage and never looked back.
Evans netted seven points during the game's opening surge, which was capped on McBroom's three-point play.
Saint Louis took a 42-21 advantage into the break and cruised to the easy win over the final 20 minutes.
The Billikens shot 51.9 percent (28-of-54) from the field, while Richmond finished 31.7 percent (20-of-63) from the floor ... Saint Louis held a 43-34 rebounding advantage.
- RICHMOND: 57
ST. LOUIS: 77
Jan 29 9:59 PM
- RICHMOND: 21
ST. LOUIS: 42
Jan 29 8:55 PM
- RICHMOND: 0
ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 29 8:08 PM
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23