Iowa State routs UMKCNov 26, 2013 - 4:01 AM Ames, IA (SportsNetwork.com) - DeAndre Kane scored 20 points to power No. 17 Iowa State to a 110-51 victory over UMKC on Monday
Sherron Dorsey-Walker scored 17, Matt Thomas had 14, and Monte Morris and Melvin Ejim added 11 points apiece for the Cyclones (5-0), who have won their first five games for the first time since 2010.
Martez Harrison scored 14 and Nelson Kirksey had 11 points for the Kangaroos (1-4), who are 0-18 all-time against ranked opponents.
Iowa State scored the first eight points of the game. The Kangaroos got two straight buckets to make it 8-4 but the Cyclones would not let them get any closer the rest of the game.
With 11:04 left in the first half a Fred Chatmon layup brought UMKC within six but it was followed by a 33-4 Iowa State run to end the half.
Thomas knocked down a 3-pointer out of the locker room to make the lead 38.
After two made free throws from Kane with 17:33 to play the Cyclones carried a lead of at least 40 points for the remainder of the game.
Iowa State out-rebounded UMKC 59-31 ... The Cyclones are 4-0 at home this season and have won 36 of the last 39, including 16 straight vs. non- conference foes ... Iowa State leads the all-time series 3-0 ... The Cyclones have had at least four players score in double figures in every game this season ... Iowa State has shot at least 50 percent from the field in four games this season.
- MISSOURI-KANSAS CITY: 51
IOWA STATE: 110
Nov 25 9:58 PM
- MISSOURI-KANSAS CITY: 17
IOWA STATE: 52
Nov 25 8:55 PM
- MISSOURI-KANSAS CITY: 0
IOWA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 25 8:07 PM
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Cyclones' season starts with Final 4 hopes, ends in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Iowa State struggles early, falls to Virginia 84-71 Mar 26
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Iowa State coach Prohm helps Cyclones reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Iowa State's Niang honed his craft guarding Nerlens Noel Mar 18