No. 8 Oklahoma State crushes UAPBNov 16, 2013 - 4:12 AM Stillwater, OK (SportsNetwork.com) - Phil Forte drained six 3-pointers and finished with 22 points, helping the eighth-ranked Oklahoma State Cowboys to a 97-63 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Markel Brown also had 22 points on 9-of-13 shooting for Oklahoma State (3-0), which got 16 points from Marcus Smart.
Tevin Hammond paced the Golden Lions (2-1) with 15 points, while DaVon Haynes and DeAndre McIntyre both contributed 13 points.
The Cowboys trailed 12-11 after Hammond drained a 3-pointer, but a Brown dunk made it 24-14 with just over nine minutes remaining.
Another trey, this one courtesy of McIntyre, trimmed UAPB's deficit to 25-22. The Cowboys, however, took control and closed out the opening half on a 21-8 burst. Forte sank two free throws to put Oklahoma State up 46-30 at the break.
Oklahoma State shot 58.6 percent in the second half and went ahead by as many as 41.
"I didn't think that we were making very good decisions in the first half," Cowboys head coach Travis Ford said. "I thought that we were being a little passive. I thought we were making some bad decisions. I thought we were taking some bad shots inside the middle of the paint, off-balance shots and shots on one leg."
The Cowboys improved to 22-0 all-time against current members of the Southwestern Athletic Conference, including 3-0 versus UAPB ... The Golden Lions opened their season against a pair of Division II foes (Tuskegee and Morehouse).
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 63
OKLAHOMA STATE: 97
Nov 15 10:14 PM
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 30
OKLAHOMA STATE: 46
Nov 15 9:07 PM
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 0
OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 15 8:09 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20
- No. 15 Oklahoma holds off Oklahoma State Mar 13
- Cowboys and Sooners square off in Big 12 Tournament Mar 12