No. 15 Florida cruises past JacksonvilleNov 26, 2013 - 3:19 AM
Wilbekin, the senior point guard suspended in June for violating teams rules, had 12 points, seven assists and five rebounds for the Gators (5-1), who have won four straight since losing to Wisconsin on Nov. 12.
Michael Frazier II added 17 points in the victory, Dorian Finney-Smith scored 14 with 11 rebounds and Patric Young had 13 points.
Jarvis Haywood led the Dolphins (2-4) with 16 points and Vince Martin scored 11 with 10 rebounds.
Wilbekin was reinstated on Sunday with the Gators facing several big games on the horizon. They will play Florida State on Friday with games against No. 13 Connecticut and No. 2 Kansas on tap after that.
Prather scored six points in a 13-3 run to open the game, which was capped by Frazier's 3-pointer less than four minutes in. The Gators pushed their lead to 18 midway through the half and had a 48-29 advantage at the break
It reached as high as 32 on Young's three-point play with 13:12 remaining in the game and Jacksonville was never closer than 20 after that.
The Dolphins beat then-No. 20 Florida in overtime on Dec. 20, 2010, for their last win over a ranked opponent, but were held to 37.7 shooting in this one ... The Gators shot 59.6 percent overall and 61.5 percent (8-of-13) on 3- pointers ... Jacksonville plays Trinity Baptist next Tuesday.
- FLORIDA: 86
Nov 25 9:01 PM
- FLORIDA: 48
Nov 25 7:52 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 25 7:07 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- With road stretch looming, Florida needs to win at home Feb 8
- Florida likely without starter Justin Leon vs No. 9 WVU Jan 29