Iowa routs FDUDec 10, 2013 - 2:42 AM Iowa City, IA (SportsNetwork.com) - Gabriel Olaseni led with 14 points and 10 rebounds after coming off the bench as the 23rd-ranked Iowa Hawkeyes defeated the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 92-59.
Melsahn Basabe also contributed a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Peter Jok added 11 points, while Zach McCabe and Jarrod Uthoff both had 10 points as the Hawkeyes (10-1) won their third straight.
Mathias Seilund had a game-high 19 points with five rebounds and three blocks. Sidney Sanders Jr. scored 16 points as the Knights (3-9) dropped their third consecutive game.
Iowa dominated in nearly aspect of the game. The Hawkeyes outshot the Knights 48.6 to 32.3 percent from the field and tallied more points in the paint, 54-26.
A reverse dunk from Sanders Jr. helped the Knights jump out to a 6-0 lead to start the game, but their lead quickly evaporated. Iowa answered back with a 19-0 run to take the lead with Uthoff contributing five straight points in the run. Jok hit a 3 to make it 16-6 with 12:38 left in the first half.
Matt MacDonald broke the run with a 3-point jumper to make it 19-9. Seilund hit a trey to pace the Knights making it 23-12 with 9:19 remaining.
After Seilund made a 3 with 1:29 remaining, McCabe knocked down two free throws to allow Iowa to take a 47-26 lead into the half.
Roy Devyn Marble dropped a 3-pointer to highlight a 7-1 run for Iowa making it a 60-32 game a little less than five minutes into the second half.
MacDonald drained a 3-pointer at 5:56, but the Hawkeyes responded by outscoring the Knights 8-2 with a layup from Kyle Denning making it 90-55 with 2:36 remaining.
This was the first matchup between the two schools ... Iowa has a 25-game winning streak at home against unranked opponents ... The Hawkeyes have also won 22 straight games against non-conference foes ... Current members of the Northeast Conference are now 0-8 against Iowa ... Iowa faces Iowa State on the road on Friday, while Fairleigh Dickinson will play at Columbia on Dec. 21.
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON: 59
Dec 9 8:53 PM
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON: 26
Dec 9 7:51 PM
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 9 7:02 PM
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Iowa puts walk-on Nicholas Baer on scholarship Apr 7
- Iowa guard Andrew Fleming to transfer Mar 31
- Iowa's promising season ends in disappointment Mar 21
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19
- Iowa looking to turn things around against Temple Mar 17
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Guard Mike Gesell blossoms into unheralded star for Iowa Mar 8
- No. 8 Iowa suffers damaging 68-64 loss at Ohio State Feb 28
- Iowa controls Big Ten destiny despite loss to Penn State Feb 22
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13