Adams leads the way again as UCLA rollsNov 19, 2013 - 6:58 AM Los Angeles, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jordan Adams scored 21 points and registered a career-high eight steals as the 22nd-ranked UCLA Bruins rolled to an 86-50 win over Sacramento State.
Adams, who shot 4-of-5 from 3-point range and 8-of-12 overall, has led UCLA (3-0) in scoring in each of the its first three games.
Norman Powell and Zach LaVine both scored 14 points for the Bruins, while David Wear contributed a 12-point, 10-rebound double-double.
Dylan Garrity was the lone player to reach double figures for the Hornets (1-2), finishing with 18 points.
Sacramento State kept pace with the Bruins in the early stages and grabbed its only lead when Garrity drained a trey to make it 10-9.
UCLA began to distance itself and carried a 36-23 lead into halftime before shooting 61.3 percent in the second half to turn the game into a rout.
The Bruins won 86-56 in the only previous matchup with Sacramento State on Dec. 23, 2005 ... The Hornets faced a ranked team for the first time since an 82-51 loss at then-No. 10 Marquette on Dec. 15, 2007 ... UCLA outscored Sacramento State 42-20 in the paint.
- SACRAMENTO STATE: 50
Nov 19 12:52 AM
- SACRAMENTO STATE: 23
Nov 18 11:53 PM
- SACRAMENTO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 18 11:06 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- Madness! UCLA beats SMU on goaltending call Mar 19
- Bruins battle Mustangs in South Regional affair Mar 19
- Ashley scores 24 as Arizona tops UCLA Mar 14