Oregon routs Cal PolyDec 2, 2013 - 6:40 AM Eugene, OR (SportsNetwork.com) - Elgin Cook and Richard Amardi netted 14 points apiece off the bench to lead No. 14 Oregon past Cal Poly, 82-61, from Matthew Knight Arena on Sunday.
Johnathan Loyd, Joseph Young and Damyean Dotson all scored 13 points as Oregon (7-0) won by at least 15 points for the sixth straight tilt. The Ducks shot 9- of-19 from behind the arc.
"We're very good at finding everybody. Everyone just dropped the ball off at the right time. No one was selfish," Dotson said.
Brian Bennett was the lone Cal Poly (2-5) player in double figures with 11 points, as the Mustangs dropped their second straight. Ridge Shipley, David Nwaba and Maliik Love all added nine points.
"It comes down to athleticism - they have unbelievable speed," Cal Poly head coach Joe Callero said.
Nwaba's jumper opened the scoring Cal Poly's first possession, but Young came back with a triple and Oregon never trailed after that.
Dotson sank triples on the front and back end of a 9-0 Ducks' surge for a comfortable 20-9 advantage seven minutes into the contest.
Midway through the first, Loyd made three treys and Young added another around a Joel Awich free throw for a 36-18 lead.
The Ducks led by at least 10 points the rest of the way.
Oregon won the rebounding battle, 35-27 ... The Ducks look to stay unbeaten when they visit Ole Miss next Sunday.
- CAL POLY-SAN LUIS OBISPO: 61
Dec 2 12:02 AM
- CAL POLY-SAN LUIS OBISPO: 32
Dec 1 10:52 PM
- CAL POLY-SAN LUIS OBISPO: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 1 10:07 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Former Oregon player accused of rape sues university Oct 30
- Oregon Preview-Capsule Oct 28