No. 7 Ohio State crushes North FloridaNov 30, 2013 - 12:31 AM Columbus, OH (SportsNetwork.com) - Amir Williams had 18 points and seven rebounds to lead seventh-ranked Ohio State past North Florida, 99-64, on Friday.
LaQuinton Ross added 17 points and eight rebounds and Aaron Craft poured in 16 points on 7-of-8 shooting from the field for the Buckeyes (6-0) who will host Maryland on Dec. 4.
Dallas Moore and Beau Beech scored 14 points apiece and Charles McRoy finished with 11 points, six rebounds and four assists for the Ospreys (4-4), who had a three-game winning streak snapped.
Ohio State started its domination early. With the score tied 6-6, Lenzelle Smith canned a trey to spark an 18-0 run to put the Buckeyes on top 24-6.
The Ospreys cut their deficit in half following a Chris Davenport 3-pointer at the 10:57 mark, but the Buckeyes kept their foot on the pedal and led 37-23 with just under four minutes remaining in the first half. OSU closed the half on an 11-6 run to take a 48-29 lead into the break.
Ross' 3-pointer just under four minutes in gave the Buckeyes a 59-31 lead and they never looked back.
Smith finished with 10 points, six rebounds and six assists ... Amedeo Della Valle scored 17 points off the bench for Ohio State ... The Buckeyes shot 69.2 percent from the field and were 14-for-23 from 3-point range ... North Florida had 18 turnovers.
- NORTH FLORIDA: 64
OHIO STATE: 99
Nov 29 6:56 PM
- NORTH FLORIDA: 29
OHIO STATE: 48
Nov 29 5:54 PM
- NORTH FLORIDA: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 29 5:08 PM
- 3 freshman leave Ohio State basketball team Mar 30
- Ohio State F Jae'Sean Tate headed for season-ending surgery Feb 23
- Ohio State, Nike agree on $252M sponsorship extension Jan 15
- Saint Bonaventure beats Ohio 81-68 Dec 5
- Ohio State Preview Capsule Oct 27
- 'Lots of unknowns' for Ohio State team full of young players Oct 27
- Ohio State's Russell says he's going pro Apr 22
- McConnell guides Arizona past Russell, Ohio State Mar 21
- Ohio State and Arizona square off in West Regional action Mar 21
- Russell leads Buckeyes over VCU Mar 19
- Rams butt heads with Buckeyes in West Region Mar 19
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18