Missouri gets past Long Beach StateJan 5, 2014 - 4:11 AM Columbia, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - Jabari Brown scored 22 points in 25th- ranked Missouri's 69-59 win over Long Beach State to cap the non-conference slate for both teams.
Earnest Ross had 16 points and Jordan Clarkson added 11 as Missouri (12-1) extended the nation's best home winning streak to 26 games. Ryan Rosburg grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds.
"I feel like we are in a good position," said Brown. "We've been through a lot of close games and been through a lot of tough games like this one right here."
Tyler Lamb paced LBSU (4-10) with 17 points in the 49ers' first loss since Dec. 7. Kris Gulley contributed 13 points off the bench and Mike Caffey had 10 and five assists.
"I was happy with the way they competed, but I wasn't happy with the way they played," said Long Beach State head coach Dan Monson. "I don't think we played very smart."
Long Beach State controlled the early portion of the game, leading until Ross' layup made it 26-25 Missouri with 4:21 left in the first half. LBSU went back in front on Gulley's 3, but the Tigers took a 37-34 edge into the locker rooms.
Missouri opened the second period on a 13-4 run to build a 13-point cushion at 13:33.
Caffey and Lamb countered with consecutive triples, and Lamb's free throws had it down to five midway through the half.
The visitors got as close as two on Gulley free throws with less than six minutes remaining, but they never got over the hump.
Brown's 3-pointer at 2:18 had Mizzou in front 64-47, and Ross made 5-of-6 from the line to put it away.
Missouri improved to 3-0 all-time against LBSU ... The Tigers improved to 41-1 at home under Frank Haith ... Missouri outscored LBSU 28-14 in the paint, while the 49ers' reserves outscored their counterparts 16-6 ... Mizzou hosts Georgia on Jan. 8 to open SEC play.
- LONG BEACH STATE: 59
Jan 4 7:06 PM
- LONG BEACH STATE: 34
Jan 4 5:56 PM
- LONG BEACH STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 4 5:06 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18
- Kentucky tops Missouri Jan 30