UCLA takes care of UC Santa BarbaraDec 4, 2013 - 6:29 AM Los Angeles, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Kyle Anderson scored 21 points to go with six rebounds and nine assists to lead 18th-ranked UCLA to an 89-76 win over UC Santa Barbara on Tuesday.
Jordan Adams added 22 points, Zach LaVine netted 15 and Norman Powell finished with 13 for the Bruins (8-0), who will visit Missouri on Saturday.
Alan Williams scored 23 points and Kyle Boswell chipped in with 18 on 5-of-9 shooting from 3-point range for the Gauchos (3-3), losers in three of their last four.
Michael Bryson added 15 points, 10 rebounds and five assists in the setback.
After Bryce Alford nailed a jumper to give UCLA a 28-24 lead with just under nine minutes remaining in the first half, Taran Brown, Zalmico Harmon and Bryson each drained consecutive treys to ignite a 14-4 Santa Barbara burst.
The Bruins managed to chip away at the lead and Powell's 3-pointer tied the game at 40-40 with 2:22 remaining. Both teams managed to make just one basket the rest of the way to go into the break knotted up at 42-42.
The Gauchos, who went 13-of-26 from 3-point range, were 9-for-11 from beyond the arc over the first 20 minutes.
The second half remained close with neither side taking a lead larger than three points until Anderson stripped Eric Childress and found Tony Parker for a breakway slam to put the Bruins up 70-65 with 7:15 left.
Powell then knocked down a pair of free throws 45 seconds later for a 72-65 edge and the Gauchos couldn't get closer than five the rest of the way.
UCLA forced 17 Santa Barbara turnovers, but gave it away just seven times ... Williams has reached at least 21 points in each game he appeared in this season.
- UC SANTA BARBARA: 76
Dec 4 1:04 AM
- UC SANTA BARBARA: 42
Dec 3 11:53 PM
- UC SANTA BARBARA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 3 11:08 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- Madness! UCLA beats SMU on goaltending call Mar 19
- Bruins battle Mustangs in South Regional affair Mar 19
- Ashley scores 24 as Arizona tops UCLA Mar 14