UCLA beats Oakland by 31Nov 13, 2013 - 6:16 AM Los Angeles, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jordan Adams scored 22 points to pace the 24th-ranked UCLA Bruins to a 91-60 victory over the Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Pauley Pavilion.
Tony Parker had 21 points and 12 rebounds, while Norman Powell added 18 points for the Bruins (2-0).
"I'm really impressed with how we guarded," UCLA head coach Steve Alford said. "We held them to 30 percent shooting."
Travis Bader scored 19 points, Tommie McCune netted 12 and Khalil Felder added 10 for Oakland (0-2), which lost its season opener to nationally-ranked North Carolina last Friday.
"I am not pleased with our performance tonight," Oakland head coach Greg Kampe said. "It was awful. [Travis] Bader was average at best."
Bader, Felder and Corey Petros tried as hard as they could to keep the Golden Grizzlies close early, scoring 18 of the first 20 points for Oakland.
Despite the strong start, Oakland entered the half trailing 44-24.
UCLA did not allow Oakland any closer than 18 points for the remainder of the game.
The beginning of the second half was fast paced and saw Powell score half of the Bruins' 24 points in the first 10 minutes.
With the score at 82-45, the final was a foregone conclusion with just five minutes left to play.
UCLA shot 5-for-21 from behind the arc while Oakland shot 6-for-25 ... Oakland shot 30.8 percent from the field ... Duke Mondy scored seven points, pulled down six rebounds and added six assists for Oakland ... UCLA's Kyle Anderson scored eight points and added nine rebounds and six assists ... UCLA outrebounded Oakland 49-28.
- OAKLAND: 60
Nov 12 10:54 PM
- OAKLAND: 24
Nov 12 9:47 PM
- OAKLAND: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 12 9:03 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21