Gonzaga cruises past OaklandNov 18, 2013 - 3:30 AM Spokane, WA (SportsNetwork.com) - Kevin Pangos had 21 points as No. 15 Gonzaga defeated Oakland, 82-67, on Sunday.
Sam Dower netted 15 points to go with five rebounds, while Gary Bell Jr. chipped in with 14 points for the Bulldogs (3-0), who shot 54.9 percent (28- of-51) from the field and were 11-of-20 from beyond the arc.
Travis Bader tallied 22 points and Tommie McCune added 17 for Oakland (0-4), which has dropped all four of its tilts this season on the road.
Oakland's Kahlil Felder knocked down a triple to knot the game at 9-9 early on before Drew Barham and Bell made 3's on back-to-back touches to begin an 8-0 spurt to give Gonzaga a 17-9 cushion a little more than seven minutes in.
The Bulldogs led by as many as 12 in the first half before taking a 39-30 edge into the break.
Mitch Baenziger nailed a trey to cut the Oakland deficit to 53-47, but consecutive triples by Pangos and Barham pushed the advantage back to 12 midway through the second frame.
The Golden Grizzlies never cut the deficit below eight the rest of the way.
Gonzaga was 15-of-18 from the foul line ... The Bulldogs outrebounded the Grizzlies, 30-20 ... Oakland shot 48.9 percent (22-of-45) and also knocked in 11-of-20 from long distance.
- OAKLAND: 67
Nov 17 9:57 PM
- OAKLAND: 30
Nov 17 8:55 PM
- OAKLAND: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 17 8:06 PM
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Gonzaga's Domantas Sabonis declares for NBA draft Apr 7
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Timeline: NCAA calls Zags coach to admit officiating error Apr 1
- Gonzaga loses 63-60 to Syracuse in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Gonzaga taking on Syracuse's vaunted zone in Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Coach Mark Few wants Gonzaga to keep chip on its shoulder Mar 23
- Wiltjer helps deliver Gonzaga back to Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Zags: Gonzaga moves on with 68-52 victory over Seton Hall Mar 18
- Gordon making history, but in a quiet way, for Seton Hall Mar 17