Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th winNov 19, 2013 - 7:59 AM Tucson, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - Gabe York led a balanced attack with 20 points as No. 5 Arizona dominated Fairleigh Dickinson, 100-50, in the opening round of the NIT Season Tip-Off at the McKale Center.
Nick Johnson had 16 points, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson gave 13 points and seven boards and Brandon Ashley added 11 points and eight rebounds for the Wildcats (4-0), who will play Rhode Island, which defeated Metropolitan State, on Tuesday.
Aaron Gordon had 10 points and 10 rebounds and Kaleb Tarczewski scored 10 points with eight boards for Arizona, which shot 54.4 percent in the game.
Arizona head coach Sean Miller won his 100th game with the team, the fifth Arizona coach to reach that mark.
"To play a game with only five turnovers is outstanding," Miller said. "We made great decisions. That's a great sign early in the year."
Sidney Sanders had 16 points for the Knights (1-3), who have lost three straight since opening the season with a win over Caldwell on Nov. 8.
Arizona scored the first six points of the game as it never trailed in the contest.
The Knights kept it close over the first five minutes and tied the game at 10- all five minutes in on a Sanders layup, but Ashley followed that a bit later with a layup that kicked off an 18-3 run capped on a Gordon free throw for a 28-13 lead with 7 1/2 minutes left.
Arizona closed the half on an 18-5 run to take a 51-24 lead into the break.
A 9-0 burst to start the second half by Arizona kept Fairleigh Dickinson from entertaining any thoughts of a comeback.
The Knights never got any closer than 34 points the rest of the way.
Matt MacDonald gave 11 points for the Knights in the game ... This was the first meeting between the two schools ... Fairleigh Dickinson takes on Metropolitan State on Tuesday ... Arizona dominated the glass, 55-24.
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON: 50
Nov 19 12:55 AM
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON: 24
Nov 18 11:56 PM
- FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 18 11:11 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10