Oregon hits century mark in rout of San FranciscoNov 25, 2013 - 4:12 AM Eugene, OR (SportsNetwork.com) - Elgin Cook led six Oregon players in double figures with 18 points off the bench as the No. 17 Ducks routed San Francisco, 100-82, at Matthew Knight Arena.
Damyean Dotson tallied 17 points and eight boards for Oregon (4-0), which eclipsed the century mark for the second time this season.
"Last year, we had four people scoring in double digits," said Dotson. "This year, if we run, everyone will score."
Jason Calliste netted 16 points for the Ducks while sinking all five of his free throw attempts to improve to 18-for-18 on the season from the stripe.
Mike Moser and Joseph Young scored 13 and 12 points, respectively, in the victory.
"I thought our ball movement offensively wasn't too bad," said Oregon head coach Dana Altman. "We popped it around pretty good and made shots for each other."
Kruize Pinkins recorded a double-double in the San Francisco (3-3) loss with 20 points and 11 boards. Matt Glover added 14 points.
Young's 3-pointer broke a 14-14 draw out of the under-12 minute media timeout, and Cook followed with a jumper for a five-point Oregon lead. The Ducks gradually extended their advantage until Jalil Abdul-Bassit gave them the largest lead of the first half at 40-29 following his triple.
Chris Adams made two crucial treys late in the half and the hosts led by just five heading into the locker rooms.
Oregon spread the ball around to start the second half, getting four quick jumpers from four different players.
Later in the period, consecutive San Francisco turnovers led to five quick points in transition for Oregon on a Young pullup jumper and Calliste three- point play. Oregon had its biggest lead at 58-46 after that, and it rolled the rest of the way.
Young failed to score at least 20 points for the first time this season ... Oregon shot 11-of-19 from 3-point range, while USF made just 8-of-28 ... Both teams had 11 turnovers.
- SAN FRANCISCO: 82
Nov 24 10:12 PM
- SAN FRANCISCO: 35
Nov 24 8:54 PM
- SAN FRANCISCO: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 24 8:10 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5