Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead StateNov 23, 2013 - 7:15 AM Los Angeles, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jordan Adams poured in 30 points, Kyle Anderson had UCLA's first triple-double in 18 years and the No. 22 Bruins beat Morehead State 81-70 on Friday night in the Las Vegas Invitational.
Anderson, a sophomore, had 13 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists for UCLA's first triple-double since Toby Bailey's on Dec. 18, 1995, against Stephen F. Austin.
Zach LaVine added 12 points and Travis Wear scored 11 in his first game of the season for the Bruins (4-0).
UCLA, which is 4-0 for the first time since the 2007-08 season, will continue play in the Las Vegas Invitational at home Sunday against Chattanooga. They go to Las Vegas next week to face Nevada and Northwestern.
Chad Posthumus led Morehead State (4-2) with 21 points and 18 rebounds. Brent Arrington added 17 points and Angelo Warner scored 12 for the Eagles, who had a two-game winning streak snapped.
Warner's 3-pointer gave the Eagles an 18-17 lead but UCLA used a 20-2 run to take the lead for good.
LaVine scored eight of his 12 points during the surge. He and Bryce Alford hit back-to-back 3-pointers to end it, giving the Bruins a 37-20 advantage.
Morehead State got as close as six and trailed 46-38 at halftime.
The Eagles were within three points several times in the second half. UCLA used an 11-2 run, capped by Anderson's jumper, to get some distance, taking a 66-54 lead. The Eagles were never closer than eight the rest of the way.
Wear, a senior, made his season debut after undergoing an appendectomy last month ... Morehead State plays at Nevada on Sunday.
- MOREHEAD STATE: 70
Nov 23 12:59 AM
- MOREHEAD STATE: 38
Nov 22 11:54 PM
- MOREHEAD STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 22 11:07 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- Madness! UCLA beats SMU on goaltending call Mar 19