Adams leads UCLA past ChattanoogaNov 25, 2013 - 6:37 AM Los Angeles, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jordan Adams led four UCLA players in double figures with 22 points, as the 22nd-ranked Bruins buried Chattanooga, 106-65, on Sunday at Pauley Pavilion.
Zach LaVine and Norman Powell poured in 19 points apiece, while Kyle Anderson added 17 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists for the Bruins (5-0), who have won each of their last four games by double-digits.
"We're sharing the ball right now," UCLA head coach Steve Alford said. "We're shooting the ball well. Our guys have done a good job."
Martynas Bareika led the Mocs (2-4) with 17 points off the bench, while Z. Mason netted 15 points for Chattanooga, which has lost three straight.
"Tonight was embarrassing," Mocs head coach Will Wade said. "I am not going to sugar-coat it. It was an embarrassment for us and our program."
Mason opened the game with a jumper to put the Mocs on top, but the Bruins tallied the next 12 points and never looked back.
LaVine scored the final five points of a 9-0 surge just before the midpoint of the frame to push the margin to 28-10 and UCLA carried a 47-25 cushion into the break.
The Bruins put the game away early in the second half, scoring 21 of the first 23 points in the stanza to build a 68-27 spread following back-to-back dunks from Powell.
Chattanooga failed to threaten the rest of the way and the Bruins cruised to the blowout victory.
UCLA shot a scorching 62.9 percent (44-of-70) from the field, while holding the Mocs to 35.1 percent shooting (26-of-74) from the floor ... The Bruins recorded 23 assists compared to 11 helpers for Chattanooga ... UCLA won the rebounding battle, 48-33.
- UT-CHATTANOOGA: 65
Nov 24 11:53 PM
- UT-CHATTANOOGA: 25
Nov 24 10:52 PM
- UT-CHATTANOOGA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 24 10:08 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- Madness! UCLA beats SMU on goaltending call Mar 19