Tucker helps No. 13 Wisconsin coast by Florida StateNov 29, 2006 - 2:58 AM MADISON, Wisconsin (Ticker) -- Florida State and Leonard Hamilton's streak had to come to an end sometime.
Alando Tucker scored 22 points and Kammron Taylor added 18 as 13th-ranked Wisconsin coasted to an 81-66 triumph over the Seminoles in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.
Florida State entered undefeated in four matchups under Hamilton in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. It was the third-longest streak in this event behind fellow Atlantic Coast Conference mates Duke (current seven straight) and Wake Forest (five in a row from 1999-2003).
Brian Butch's one-handed follow-up shot right before the buzzer sounded helped Wisconsin (6-1 Big Ten) take a 34-23 advantage into the locker room. Butch and Tucker combined for 17 points through the first 20 minutes.
The Badgers received a small scare when Tucker went to the locker room after getting hit in the eye driving to the rim early in the first half. But he did return with 5:50 left before the break.
Joe Krabbenhoft scored on an easy basket and Taylor drained a 3-pointer from the left corner as Wisconsin pushed its lead to 52-35 with just over 12 minutes remaining and never looked back.
The Big Ten Conference trails, 42-25, all-time in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. It was the conference first win thus far.
Butch scored 13 points for the Badgers, who shot 49 percent (28-of-57) from the field and improved to 3-5 all-time in this event under Bo Ryan.
Tony Douglas scored 24 points and Al Thornton chipped in 10 for Florida State (4-2 ACC), which shot 46 percent (28-of-60).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26