Dozier, Dorsey keep Memphis perfect in Conference USAJan 25, 2007 - 4:44 AM MEMPHIS, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Joey Dorsey and Robert Dozier teamed up to keep Memphis perfect in conference play.
Dorsey recorded a double-double and Dozier also had a strong game inside to lead the 14th-ranked Tigers to a 72-59 victory over Tulsa in a Conference USA matchup.
Still without leading scorer Chris Douglas-Roberts, who missed the game with an ankle sprain, Memphis (16-3, 6-0 Conference USA) turned to Dorsey and Dozier and the forward tandem led the Tigers to their eighth straight win.
Dorsey scored 13 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and added three blocked shots. Dozier also had his way inside, collecting 12 points and eight rebounds to go along with four blocks and three steals.
Guard Jeremy Hunt had 11 points off the bench for Memphis, which outscored Tulsa in the paint, 42-24, and scored 27 points off of 18 forced turnovers.
Ray Reese came off the bench and scored 17 points for the Golden Hurricanes (12-6, 2-3), who have lost three straight overall and all four of their road games this season.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TULSA 30 29 59
MEMPHIS (14) 38 34 72 FINAL
Jan 24 11:00 PM
- NCAA BB
MEMPHIS (14) 38 HALFTIME
Jan 24 9:55 PM
- Tubby Smith adds 4 assistants to his Memphis coaching staff May 10
- Memphis hires Tubby Smith as Tigers' new basketball coach Apr 14
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Memphis reviewing possible AD, coach conflict of interest Mar 22
- Josh Pastner to stay at Memphis despite missing NCAAs again Mar 18
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- American Athletic Conference suspends Memphis' Shaq Goodwin Jan 5
- Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen gets 2-year extension Oct 8
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- Moore leads No. 21 SMU over Memphis Feb 27
- SMU and Memphis collide in AAC action Feb 26