Fazekas, Nevada keep rolling with win over IdahoFeb 23, 2007 - 8:02 AM MOSCOW, Idaho (Ticker) -- Nick Fazekas recorded another double-double as Nevada improved on the best record in the country against a team with one of the worst.
Fazekas scored 21 points and added 14 rebounds to lead 10th-ranked Nevada to an 84-68 victory over Idaho in a Western Athletic Conference matchup.
Fazekas now has 17 double-doubles this season and 58 in his career.
Ramon Sessions scored 15 points and Marcelus Kemp added 14 for Nevada (25-2, 12-1 WAC), which led, 50-31, at the half en route to its eighth straight victory.
Fazekas scored 15 points and Kemp had 10 in the first half. The Wolf Pack shot 20-of-30 (67 percent) from the field in the opening 20 minutes while limiting the Vandals to 34 percent (11-of-32).
"They made open shots and they were 16-of-16 from the foul line so there wasn't much margin of error," Idaho coach George Pfeifer said. "We thought the thing that was going to hurt us was giving up offensive rebounds and we didn't do that. The other positive thing was we only had six turnovers. To play these guys you have to shoot lights out."
Nevada, which has the fewest losses and the best winning percentage in the nation, has won 18 of 19. It is the fourth straight season Nevada has won at least 25 games.
Keoni Watson scored 27 points for Idaho (3-24, 1-13), which has lost 10 straight games and is mired in last place in the conference.
"Keoni was really special tonight," Pfeifer said. "He pushed the ball, he tried to get the ball to people, and he worked his tail off."
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NEVADA (10) 50 34 84
IDAHO 31 37 68 FINAL
Feb 22 11:53 PM
- NCAA BB
NEVADA (10) 50
IDAHO 31 HALFTIME
Feb 22 10:52 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8
- Adams, LaVine power UCLA past Nevada Nov 29