Fazekas leads Nevada past Louisiana-LafayetteNov 30, 2006 - 3:24 AM LAFAYETTE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Nick Fazekas scored 21 points and Marcelus Kemp added 19 as 20th-ranked Nevada used a decisive run in the second half to post an 86-74 victory over Louisiana Lafayette in non-conference matchup.
Ramon Sessions had 10 points and seven assists and Kyle Shiloh finished with 10 points for the Wolf Pack (6-0), who won their eighth straight regular-season road game.
Nevada owned a 44-38 halftime lead before watching that margin get erased as Louisiana-Lafayette (1-5) drew even at 46-46 with 16:51 left.
The contest remained close over the next four minutes until the Wolf Pack used an 11-2 surge for a 66-56 cushion with nine minutes to go, pulling away for good.
Fazekas made 8-of-12 shots, all five free throws and grabbed six rebounds and Kemp went 8-of-16 from the floor for the Wolf Pack, who shot 57 percent (13-of-23) after halftime.
David Dees scored 26 points and Ross Mouton had 25, including four 3-pointers, for the Ragin' Cajuns, who shot 47 percent (28-of-60) overall.
Nevada took a 3-2 edge in the all-time series.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9