Riley, Alabama roll past LipscombDec 30, 2006 - 7:53 AM TUSCALOOSA, Alabama (Ticker) -- Mykal Riley wanted to make sure Alabama keeps winning as it heads into the toughest part of its schedule.
Riley scored 21 points as No. 8 Alabama posted an 80-58 victory over Lipscomb.
Richard Hendrix had 18 points and 11 rebounds and Jermareo Davidson added 16 and nine for the Crimson Tide, who have won five straight - including four by at least 10 points. Davidson's effort helped him surpass the 1,000-point mark.
"Obviously, Mykal Riley made some big shots," Alabama coach Mark Gottfried said. "But I think a lot of guys did some things well."
Alabama (12-1) next faces Big 12 opponent Oklahoma before starting play in the Southeastern Conference.
Riley was 6-of-9 from the field and 5-of-8 from 3-point range for the Crimson Tide, who shot 60.7 percent (17-of-28) in the second half en route to a 47-28 scoring advantage.
"Our intensity was not where it needed to be early in the game," Gottfried said. "In the second half, our intensity was much better. I like how we picked it up in the second half."
Brian Fisk scored 16 points and Eddie Ard added 15 for Lipscomb (8-5), which shot 41 percent (23-of-56) and has lost five of its last six on the road.
"Lipscomb is a good basketball team," Gottfried said. "That was a challenge for us tonight. They are experienced and gave us a lot of problems."
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LIPSCOMB 30 28 58
ALABAMA (8) 33 47 80 FINAL
Dec 29 9:50 PM
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA (8) 33 HALFTIME
Dec 29 8:51 PM
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12
- Alabama Preview Capsule Oct 29