Arizona to have F Williams back for North CarolinaJan 27, 2007 - 1:39 PM No. 4 North Carolina (18-2) at No. 19 Arizona (14-5) 1:00 pm EST
TUCSON, Arizona (Ticker) - Marcus Williams is expected to play for Arizona on Saturday when the 19th-ranked Wildcats host No. 4 North Carolina in an intriguing non-conference matchup.
Arizona's leading scorer at 18.1 points per game, Williams was suspended for the Wildcats' Pac-10 Conference contest vs. Arizona State on Wednesday for a violation of team rules.
His teammates did not miss him, rolling to an 71-47 rout over the Sun Devils. Star freshman forward Chase Budinger collected 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Wildcats (14-5), who improved to 10-1 at home this season.
North Carolina (18-2) is coming off a blowout victory of its own, an 88-60 road rout of Wake Forest on Wednesday. Wayne Ellington scored 18 points and fellow freshman Ty Lawson 15 for the Tar Heels, who held just a five-point edge at the break.
The series is tied at three wins apiece. North Carolina won last year at home, 86-69.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA (4) 43 49 92
ARIZONA (19) 25 39 64 FINAL
Jan 27 3:05 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH CAROLINA (4) 43
ARIZONA (19) 25 HALFTIME
Jan 27 1:55 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Justin Jackson withdraws from draft, will return to UNC May 16
- UNC's Meeks back for senior year after NBA draft flirtation May 4
- UNC: Jackson, Meeks declare for NBA but not hiring agent Apr 22
- Attorney: NCAA also deserves blame in UNC fraud scandal Apr 19
- UNC's Williams aims to coach Tar Heels another 5-9 years Apr 12
- UNC reserve Kenny Williams III recovering from knee surgery Apr 7
- Tar Heels begin moving forward after falling short of title Apr 5
- UNC's Berry on crutches with foot injury after Final Four Apr 5
- Williams and Tar Heels stunned by last-second loss to 'Nova Apr 5
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2