Green, Humphrey help No. 1 Florida cruise by AuburnJan 28, 2007 - 12:32 AM AUBURN, Alabama (Ticker) -- Taurean Green and Florida are making the race in the Southeastern Conference a moot point.
Green scored 17 points and Lee Humphrey was perfect from 3-point range as No. 1 Florida posted a 91-66 victory over Auburn.
Going 4-of-4 from the arc, Humphrey scored 17 points and Al Horford also had 17 and seven rebounds for the Gators (19-2, 6-0 SEC East), who have won 12 straight games and remain unbeaten in conference play.
Corey Brewer had 11 points and Joakim Noah, Walter Hodge and Chris Richard each tallied eight for Florida, which has won eight in a row vs. Auburn, including four straight here.
Green finished 4-of-8 from the field, including 3-of-5 from long range. The point guard had 10 points in the first half, leading the Gators to a 51-36 halftime advantage.
Humphrey made all three of his 3-point attempts in the final 20 minutes for Florida, which shot 58 percent (29-of-50) to move within a victory of winning 20 games prior to February. It will host Vanderbilt on Wednesday.
Quantez Robertson scored 17 points and Quan Prowell added 15 for Auburn (13-9, 3-4 West), which shot 47 percent (27-of-58) and has now lost 16 of its last 18 games against ranked opponents.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA (1) 51 40 91
AUBURN 36 30 66 FINAL
Jan 27 7:01 PM
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA (1) 51
AUBURN 36 HALFTIME
Jan 27 5:55 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8