Taylor scores 16 as Wisconsin coach Ryan wins 500thNov 25, 2006 - 10:50 PM SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas (Ticker) -- Kammron Taylor and Wisconsin responded after a stunning upset.
Taylor scored 12 of his 16 points in the first half and Alando Tucker came alive after intermission as the seventh-ranked Badgers knocked off Auburn, 77-63, in the consolation game of the South Padre Invitational.
Jason Bohannon added 10 points and made two 3-pointers for the Badgers (5-1), who made coach Bo Ryan the 15th active Division I coach to reach 500 wins.
Wisconsin held a 16-9 edge on the offensive boards, shot 30 free throws to Auburn's 19 and turned it over just 12 times. The Badgers converted 17 Tigers' turnovers into 33 points.
After absorbing a stunning 66-64 defeat to tough mid-major Missouri State in the semifinals, the Badgers jumped to a 35-25 edge at intermission and extended the margin to 49-33 five minutes into the second half.
Taylor shot 6-of-9 from the floor, while Tucker scored 11 of his 15 points after halftime. He shot 1-of-7 in the first half but 4-of-7 afterward.
Joe Krabbenhoft had eight points, eight rebounds and four assists for Wisconsin, which shot 46 percent (26-of-56).
DeWayne Reed scored 17 points and Frank Tolbert added 12 for Auburn (2-2), which shot 49 percent (23-of-47).
Reed made 6-of-14 shots, including a pair of 3-pointers, and handed out seven assists.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17