Teague, Landry carry Purdue past No. 19 IndianaFeb 16, 2007 - 5:04 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Not even a winter storm could not cool off Purdue's David Teague and Carl Landry.
Teague had a career-high 32 points and seven rebounds and Landry added 22 and 11 for the Boilermakers in an 81-68 victory over No. 19 intrastate rival Indiana in a Big Ten Conference matchup.
The contest was originally scheduled for Wednesday, but was postponed a day later due to the massive snow storm that blanketed here with 17 inches.
The duo combined to connect on 18-of-28 shots, with Teague making 6-of-8 3-pointers, to help Purdue and coach Matt Painter snap a 0-5 start against ranked opponents this season.
The Boilermakers (17-9, 6-6 Big Ten) are now 14-1 at home, ending a five-game slide in their 190th meeting against the Hoosiers, who now trail in the all-time series, 107-83.
In the second half, Armon Bassett scored three of his 16 points with a pull-up 3-pointer from the top of the key, giving Indiana a 50-48 lead with 13:15 remaining.
But Purdue answered and grabbed the lead for good with an impressive 15-4 surge that was capped by Teague's shot from the arc with 8:32 left, making it 63-54.
The Boilermakers never allowed the Hoosiers (17-7, 7-4) to challenge from there on as they bounced back from an 85-58 thrashing at Bloomington on January 10.
Teague and Landry scored just 24 points on a combined 8-of-17 shooting in that previous meeting.
D.J. White had 20 points and eight rebounds and Roderick Wilmont scored 15 for Indiana, which shot 45 percent (21-of-46) from the floor in falling to 1-4 away from home.
The Hoosiers trailed by 11 points with 12:09 to go in the first half, but finished on a 20-11 surge to close within 34-32 at the break. White netted 11 points in the run.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
INDIANA (19) 32 36 68
PURDUE 34 47 81 FINAL
Feb 15 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA (19) 32
PURDUE 34 HALFTIME
Feb 15 7:55 PM
- Former Michigan guard formally joins Purdue program May 17
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Purdue's Edwards declares for NBA draft without agent Apr 5
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Purdue's Kendall Stephens plans to explore transferring Mar 31
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24
- Crean overcomes criticism to lead Hoosiers back to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Hoosiers turnaround inspired by tougher, stouter defense Mar 23
- Boilermakers forward Caleb Swanigan plans to test NBA draft Mar 22