Chandler, Mejia lead DePaul past Kansas State in NITMar 20, 2007 - 5:27 AM MANHATTAN, Kansas (Ticker) -- Wilson Chandler and Sammy Mejia each scored 18 points to lead third-seeded DePaul to a 70-65 victory over No. 2 Kansas State in a second-round matchup in the West Region of the National Invitation Tournament.
Draelon Burns added 17 points for DePaul (20-13), which meets Air Force in the regional final on Wednesday.
DePaul went on a 10-0 run to take its first lead midway through the first half. The Blue Demons, who led 38-30 at the break, never trailed again.
The Blue Demons shot 73 percent (11-of-15) from the field in the second half and made three of four free throws in the final 22 seconds to hold off the Wildcats.
David Hoskins scored 24 points and Cartier Martin added 21 for Kansas State (23-12), which made only 10-of-17 free throws and shot 7-of-24 from the arc.
Clent Stewart added 15 points for the Wildcats, who ended their season with the third-highest victory total in program history.
- NIT WEST REGION
NCAA BB NIT WEST REGION
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DEPAUL 38 32 70
KANSAS ST 30 35 65 FINAL
Mar 19 11:04 PM
- NIT WEST REGION
NCAA BB (3) DEPAUL 38
(2) KANSAS ST 30 HALFTIME
Mar 19 9:53 PM
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Apr 12
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- New-look Wildcats have same lofty expectations this season Oct 28
- Kansas State at a glance Oct 28
- Leitao back as DePaul coach Mar 29
- K-State's Foster dismissed from basketball program Mar 24
- Purnell resigns as DePaul head coach Mar 15
- Iwundu, Kansas State upset No. 12 Iowa State Mar 1
- Dunham, Butler top reeling DePaul Feb 28
- Wildcats play host to 12th-ranked Cyclones Feb 28
- Big East brawl pits Bulldogs against Blue Demons Feb 28
- K-State AD offers apology after court storming Feb 24