Marvin Clark and Javon Bess plan to leave Michigan StateMar 29, 2016 - 1:41 AM EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) Marvin Clark Jr. and Javon Bess say they plan to transfer from Michigan State.
The sophomores announced their decisions through the school Monday night.
Clark averaged 3.9 points, 2.5 rebounds and nearly 10 minutes a game last season for the Spartans. The 6-foot-6 forward says he had some ''great meetings,'' with coach Tom Izzo after the season and believes he should look for a bigger role at another school.
Bess scored 2.9 points and grabbed 2.3 rebounds in 11 minutes per game last season. The 6-5 forward says it is in his best interest to play for another college.
The Spartans have signed four players and may add Josh Jackson, one of the top recruits in the country. The 6-foot-7 Detroit native attends Prolific Prep Academy in California.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Michigan State's Deyonta Davis enters NBA draft after 1 year Apr 12
- Izzo will assist Davis as he explores option of entering NBA Mar 22
- Michigan State's Valentine laments a game he'll never forget Mar 19
- No. 2 Michigan State becomes NCAA's early bracket-buster Mar 18
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Ex-basketball star Mateen Cleaves charged with sex assault Mar 15
- Deyonta Davis has shot to shine for 2nd-seeded Spartans Mar 15
- Michigan State's Tom Izzo may have a day beyond his dreams Mar 14
- Forbes has proven to be pivotal player for No. 2 Michigan St Mar 7
- Denzel Valentine draws comparisons to Michigan State greats Mar 4
- Michigan State's Kenny Goins out 2-4 weeks with knee injury Feb 16