No. 22 Vanderbilt beats Lehigh 90-54Nov 15, 2009 - 11:02 PM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Reserve Tiffany Clarke scored 14 points and No. 22 Vanderbilt rolled to a 90-54 victory over Lehigh on Sunday.
The Commodores (1-0) took a 47-24 lead with 1:05 left in the first half. The Mountain Hawks (1-1) used a 14-0 run to cut their deficit to 47-38 with 18:09 remaining on a basket by Emily Gratch. Vanderbilt responded with eight straight points to pull away.
The Commodores shot 55.6 percent (35 of 63) for the game, including 61.8 percent (21 of 34) in the first half.
Lauren Lueders added 13 points and Hannah Tuomi had 12 for Vanderbilt. Jence Rhoads recorded a career-high 10 assists for the Commodores, who won the Southeastern Conference tournament championship and reached the round of 16 of the NCAA tournament last season.
Gratch had 14 points for Lehigh, which was playing Vanderbilt for the first time.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12
- Reed helps Vanderbilt women slip past No. 12 Kentucky 71-69 Jan 28
- No. 18 Lady Vols end skid with 58-49 victory over Vanderbilt Jan 21