Stallworth scores 17 to lead Cal past Idaho StNov 16, 2009 - 3:00 AM BERKELEY, Calif.(AP) -- Freshman DeNesha Stallworth scored 17 points to help No. 18 Cal open its season with a 100-43 win over Idaho State on Sunday night.
This was the Bears' first 100-point-plus effort since Jan. 6, 1996, and set a scoring record for the remodeled Haas Pavilion. It was the 15th time in Cal history that the team reached triple digits.
Alexis Gray-Lawson and Natasha Vital each added 16 points for the Bears (1-0) who jumped out to a 46-9 lead with 7:24 left in the first half.
Oana Iacovita led the Bengals (0-2) with 15 points. The Bengals didn't help themselves, as they committed 34 turnovers which led to 48 Cal points.
- Idaho women advance to 3rd NCAA Tournament in 4 years Mar 12
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3
- Plum leads No. 25 Washington women past Cal 75-65 Jan 31
- Billings leads No. 20 UCLA women past California 75-56 Jan 23
- Hanson leads No. 12 Oregon State women past Cal 70-48 Jan 16
- Utah women beat No. 21 Cal 84-79 Jan 10