Utah Valley St. 35, Mississippi St. 81Nov 19, 2009 - 5:02 AM STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) -- Alexis Rack scored 16 points to lead No. 25 Mississippi State to an 81-35 victory over Utah Valley on Wednesday night.
The Lady Bulldogs (3-0) forced 33 turnovers and opened the game against the Lady Wolverines (2-2) with a 32-3 run. Utah Valley made only three field goals in the first half and trailed 41-14 at halftime.
Mississippi State connected on a season-high 10 3-pointers and continued to dominate opponents with an average margin of victory of 45 points. The Lady Bulldogs held Utah Valley to 28.6 percent shooting.
Tysheka Grimes added 14 points and six rebounds for Mississippi State and Chanel Mokango and Diamber Johnson each had 10. Rack also had four assists.
Kayla Burningham made three of four 3-pointers and led Utah Valley with 11 points. She was the only Wolverines player to reach double figures.
- UConn advances with record rout, beats Miss State 98-38 Mar 26
- Mississippi St.-UConn Preview Mar 26
- Mississippi State set to take on top-seed UConn Mar 26
- No. 5 Mississippi St beats No. 4 Michigan State 74-72 Mar 20
- Michigan St.-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 19
- Michigan State's offense to get a test vs. Mississippi State Mar 19
- Mississippi State tops Chattanooga 60-50 Mar 18
- Chattanooga-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 3 South Carolina tops Mississippi St for 2nd SEC title Mar 6
- Vivians, No. 16 Mississippi State women top Tennessee 58-48 Mar 5
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- No. 16 Mississippi State women turn back Alabama 61-52 Feb 28