No. 22 Vanderbilt cruises past S. Illinois, 90-64Nov 19, 2009 - 3:34 AM CARBONDALE, Ill.(AP) -- Hannah Tuomi had 20 points and eight rebounds as No. 22 Vanderbilt beat Southern Illinois 90-64 Wednesday night.
Jence Rhoads added 18 points and Merideth Marsh scored 10 for the Commodores (2-0).
Teri Oliver scored 16 points and Stephany Neptune had 12 points and seven rebounds for Southern Illinois (0-2).
Vanderbilt started the second half with a 10-2 run to jump out to a 58-36 lead and the Salukis got no closer than 14 points the rest of the game.
Southern Illinois trailed by five before the Commodores went on a 9-0 run to end the firt half with a 48-34 lead.
Poor 3-point shooting and turnovers doomed the Salukis, as they had 28 turnovers and shot just 4 for 19 on 3-pointers.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12
- Reed helps Vanderbilt women slip past No. 12 Kentucky 71-69 Jan 28
- No. 18 Lady Vols end skid with 58-49 victory over Vanderbilt Jan 21