Vanderbilt beat UC RiversideNov 21, 2009 - 3:15 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jence Rhoads scored 14 points to help No. 22 Vanderbilt beat UC Riverside 75-60 on Friday night, avenging a loss to the Highlanders last season.
Vanderbilt (3-0) took a 20-point halftime lead behind 10 points from Rhoads on 5-of-6 shooting from the field and six points from Jessica Mooney.
The Commodores held UC Riverside (1-3) to only one free throw and no field goals for 8:40 after leading just 21-15 midway through the first half.
Hannah Tuomi added 11 points for Vanderbilt.
Rhaya Neabors, with three 3-pointers, and Marissa Rivera each had 13 points for Riverside. Amber Cox scored 11 points.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12
- Reed helps Vanderbilt women slip past No. 12 Kentucky 71-69 Jan 28
- No. 18 Lady Vols end skid with 58-49 victory over Vanderbilt Jan 21