Harry scores 16 as DePaul beats Cornell 89-50Nov 21, 2009 - 3:54 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Katherine Harry came off the bench to score 16 points, and No. 17 DePaul breezed to an 89-50 victory over Cornell on Friday night in the Maggie Dixon Classic.
The freshman forward added 18 rebounds for the Blue Demons (3-0), who advanced to Saturday's championship game against the University of San Diego.
DePaul never trailed and led 21-11 on Jennifer Juergens' put-back at the 12:10 mark. The Blue Demons scored 10 straight midway through the second half as they started to pull away.
Harry's double-double was the first of her career, and DePaul outrebounded Cornell 52-27. Keisha Hampton added 15 points for the Blue Demons, while Courtney Webb had 13 and Juergens 11.
Allie Fedorowicz had 14 points for the Big Red (1-2), which shot 31.3 percent from the field.
San Diego (2-1) got 19 points from Emily Hatch in a 79-45 victory over Tennessee State to reach the championship game.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Podkowa leads No. 21 DePaul women past Providence 91-68 Feb 19