Adams' 22 points paces Texas A&M past AU, 79-59Nov 22, 2009 - 11:07 PM AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Danielle Adams scored 22 points and No. 15 Texas A&M shot 53 percent in a 79-59 win over Auburn on Sunday.
The Aggies (3-0) played stifling defense against the Tigers (2-2), holding the defending Southeastern Conference champions to 38 percent shooting and forcing 23 turnovers.
Tanisha Smith had 14 points, four assists and six of Texas A&M's 15 steals. Adaora Elonu added 13 points on 6-of-8 shooting.
Alli Smalley led Auburn with 18 points, but also committed six turnovers. Keke Carrier added nine points and eight rebounds.
Texas A&M led 36-26 at halftime. Smalley scored the first two points of the second half on a pair of free throws, but the Tigers couldn't come any closer.
Elonu and Adams both made a layup and a free throw to push the lead back to 14 points. Texas A&M made 17-of-30 shots in the second half.
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Auburn women win in 1st NCAA since '09, beating St. John's Mar 18
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Auburn-St. John's Preview Mar 17
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4