Gonzaga easily defeats Washington 81-52Nov 23, 2009 - 1:16 AM SPOKANE, Wash.(AP) -- Courtney Vandersloot recorded 18 points and 11 assists to lead Gonzaga to an 81-52 victory over Washington on Sunday.
Katelan Redmon, a sophomore transfer from Washington, also scored 18 points for Gonzaga (3-1). Heather Bowman added 17 points and eight rebounds.
Regina Rogers led Washington (1-2) with 12 points. Sami Whitcomb, who averaged 23.5 points per game in the Huskies' first two games, was hounded by Canadian national team player Janelle Bekkering and scored just five points on 2-of-7 shooting.
Washington scored the first basket of the game, but the Bulldogs scored the next 18 points. Gonzaga, which has won three straight in the series after dropping all 17 previous meetings, was never threatened after that.
The Bulldogs held a 36-2 edge over the Huskies in fast-break points and outrebounded them 55-35.
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Washington relishing NCAA tourney run to Sweet 16 Mar 23