Tuomi helps Vanderbilt stay unbeatenNov 25, 2009 - 2:14 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Hannah Tuomi scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, and No. 21 Vanderbilt pulled away midway through the second half for a 59-46 victory over Saint Josephs on Tuesday night.
Jence Rhoads added 11 points and Jordan Coleman had a career-high 10 rebounds for the Commodores (4-0).
Ashley Logue had 12 points and 10 rebounds while Michelle Baker contributed a career-high 10 rebounds for the Hawks (1-3), who committed 20 turnovers and shot just 26 percent (16-for-61) from the field.
Despite the poor shooting, the Hawks only trailed 41-39 with 9:03 remaining. Vanderbilt then went on a 10-0 run over the next 6 minutes to put the game away. Coleman scored four points during the spurt.
Saint Josephs never got closer than 10 the rest of the game. The Hawks have not defeated a ranked team since a 71-69 victory over No. 15 Auburn on Dec. 29, 2007.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12
- Reed helps Vanderbilt women slip past No. 12 Kentucky 71-69 Jan 28
- No. 18 Lady Vols end skid with 58-49 victory over Vanderbilt Jan 21