Coleman leads No. 21 Vandy past APeay, 95-51Nov 27, 2009 - 10:21 PM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jordan Coleman scored a career-high 17 points and No. 21 Vanderbilt scored 21 straight points after halftime to rout Austin Peay 95-51 on Friday.
Hannah Tuomi scored 15 for the Commodores (5-0), who play the winner of North Carolina State-Northwestern State on Saturday in the final game of their Thanksgiving Tournament.
Ashley Herring scored 21 points for Austin Peay (1-4), going 4 for 4 on 3-point attempts and helping the Governors take a 19-12 advantage.
Meredith Marsh hit three 3-pointers in the second half, including two in the 21-0 run, and Jence Rhodes also scored six of her 10 points in the streak for Vandy.
Marsh finished with 12 points.
Tuomi had 12 first-half points on 6 of 11 shooting from the field, including six straight points. She tied it 23-23 when she missed a free throw after a basket and then put back her own rebound.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12
- Reed helps Vanderbilt women slip past No. 12 Kentucky 71-69 Jan 28
- No. 18 Lady Vols end skid with 58-49 victory over Vanderbilt Jan 21