Texas 54, Southern Cal 61Nov 28, 2009 - 3:20 AM ST. THOMAS, Virgin Islands (AP) -- Briana Gilbreath scored 13 points to lead four players in double figures and help Southern Cal upset No. 13 Texas 61-54 on Friday night in the Paradise Jam.
Aarika Hughes and Kari LaPlante each added 12 points while Heather Oliver had 10 for USC (2-3), which earned its first win against a ranked team for new coach Michael Cooper.
The Trojans led 35-31 early in the second half before using a 12-2 spurt to take a 14-point advantage. The Longhorns rallied behind Kathleen Nash, who hit consecutive 3-pointers to make it 55-51 USC with 3 minutes left.
Hughes and LaPlante scored the next six points to put the game away.
Nash scored 17 points and Brittainey Raven added 15 for Texas (3-2). Ashleigh Fontenette, who had 20 points in a win over Mississippi State on Thursday, was 1 for 11 with three points.
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Alabama St.-Texas Preview Mar 18
- NM State women breeze by Rio Grande Valley for WAC title Mar 12