No. 15 DePaul gets balanced scoring in easy winNov 28, 2009 - 11:26 PM DEKALB, Ill.(AP) -- Felicia Chester scored 16 points to lead five players in double figures, and No. 15 DePaul defeated Northern Illinois 78-67 on Saturday.
The Blue Demons (5-1) beat the Huskies for the 16th straight time.
DePaul trailed 13-2 in the early going, but used 12 first-half turnovers by Northern Illinois to take a 35-33 lead by halftime. DePaul dominated most of the second half and led by as many as 13 down the stretch.
Marke Freeman led the Huskies (3-3) with 26 points, while Kylie York added 16.
Sam Quigley and freshman Anna Martin each had 14 points for DePaul, which rebounded from a loss at Northwestern on Tuesday. The Blue Demons also lost leading scorer Deirdre Noughton for the season with a torn ACL during that game.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Podkowa leads No. 21 DePaul women past Providence 91-68 Feb 19