No. 19 Pittsburgh beats Western Michigan 89-65Dec 5, 2009 - 7:16 PM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Shayla Scott had 16 points, six rebounds and five assists, and No. 19 Pittsburgh remained unbeaten with an 89-65 victory over Western Michigan on Saturday.
The Panthers (7-0) never trailed, shooting 61.4 percent from the field to improve on the second-best start in the program's history. Pitt won its first 12 games three years ago.
The Broncos (3-4) shot only 33 percent from the field and made only 9 of 30 attempts from 3-point range. Miame Giden had 17 points and Brenna Banktson 14 to lead Western Michigan, which had won three of its previous four.
Jania Sims added 15 points for the Panthers, and Pepper Wilson and Taneisha Harrison 13 each.
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Louisville women defeat Pittsburgh 84-61 Feb 11
- No. 16 Florida State women beat Pitt 66-55 Jan 17
- No. 3 Notre Dame beats Pitt for McGraw's 800th win Jan 3
- No. 9 Mississippi State beats Western Michigan 90-68 Dec 20
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49 Nov 28
- No. 20 Northwestern women race away from W. Michigan 86-62 Nov 22
- Lady Vols punch ticket to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Pittsburgh stifles Chattanooga to advance Mar 21