No. 20 Cal tops Colorado State 78-44Dec 6, 2009 - 12:42 AM BERKELEY, Calif.(AP) -- Alexis Gray-Lawson scored 15 points and freshman Gennifer Brandon added 10 points and 12 rebounds to lead No. 20 California to a 78-44 victory over Colorado State in the Colliers International Classic on Saturday.
DeNesha Stallworth, also a freshman, had 14 points, seven rebounds and four assists for the Golden Bears (4-2). Cal had dropped two of three including a 12-point loss to No. 3 Ohio State on Nov. 29.
The win was the 99th of coach Joanne Boyle's career. One more victory will make her the second women's coach in school history to reach the 100-win mark.
Colorado State sophomore Meghan Heimstra had 11 points and 11 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season. Kim Mestdagh added 12 points for the Rams (5-3), who were off to their best start since 2004-05 before losing to the Bears.
California plays No. 10 Texas A&M on Sunday in the championship game, and Colorado State will play Southern Illinois in the consolation game.
- Williams leads South Florida into second round Mar 20
- Williams leads South Florida into the second round Mar 19
- Colorado St.-South Florida Preview Mar 18
- No. 22 Colorado State women win MWC title 55-54 Mar 11
- No. 22 Colorado State women advance, 60-42 over New Mexico Mar 10
- No. 22 Colorado State women beat Aztecs 53-41 in MWC semis Mar 8
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- No. 22 Colorado State women rout Air Force 81-48 Mar 4
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 22 Colorado State women beat Fresno State 68-55 Mar 1
- Swedish star helps put No. 22 Colorado St. back on hoops map Mar 1