Loyola of Chicago 30, DePaul 73Dec 7, 2009 - 1:35 AM CHICAGO (AP) -- Reserve freshman Katherine Harry scored 16 points to lead No. 21 DePaul to a 73-30 rout of Loyola-Chicago on Sunday in the annual meeting of the Chicago schools.
The Blue Demons (7-2) never trailed as they beat the Ramblers (4-3) for the 16th straight time and now lead the city series 33-9.
DePaul used a 10-2 run to take a 19-9 lead. Loyola's Maggie McCloskey broke the surge with a 3-pointer, but DePaul followed with 13 straight points on the way to a 34-16 halftime lead.
Leading 53-28 with 11:01 left in the second half, the Blue Demons launched a 16-0 run to go up 69-28 with 4:08 to play.
Felicia Chester and Anna Martin each had 12 points for DePaul while Keisha Hampton added 11.
Elyse VanBogaert paced Loyola with 10 points.
The Blue Demons shot 50 percent from the field (31 of 62) while the Ramblers were 13 of 47 (27.7 percent).
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Podkowa leads No. 21 DePaul women past Providence 91-68 Feb 19