North Carolina beast Radford 74-48Dec 9, 2009 - 2:15 AM CHAPEL HILL, N.C.(AP) -- Cetera DeGraffenreid scored 15 points to help No. 11 North Carolina beat Radford 74-48 on Tuesday night.
Italee Lucas and Waltiea Rolle added 11 points apiece for the Tar Heels (7-1), who overcame a season-high 26 turnovers by shooting a season-high 56.6 percent from the floor.
Brooke McElroy scored 13 points to lead Radford (1-6), which totaled fewer than 52 points for the sixth time this season.
The Tar Heels opened with a 12-0 run in the game's first five minutes, but the Highlanders answered with a 17-4 spurt to take a 17-16 lead midway through the first half. North Carolina responded with a 12-2 run, never again trailing on its way to a 34-29 halftime lead.
North Carolina began the second half with a 15-3 surge to take control of the game.
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21
- UNC's Hatchell resumes coaching duties May 5