Griffin leads No. 24 Huskers past Creighton 69-56Dec 10, 2009 - 3:49 AM LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Kelsey Griffin scored 22 of her 31 points in the second half and No. 24 Nebraska remained undefeated, beating Creighton 69-56 on Wednesday night for its ninth straight victory.
The Cornhuskers (9-0) matched the program's longest winning streak to start a season, established in 1996-97.
Nebraska's 8-0 run broke open a game that was 30-29 at halftime. A 3-pointer by Megan Neuvirth pulled Creighton (5-2) to 58-55 with 5:21 left. The Bluejays committed three turnovers and missed three shots on their next six possessions, and Griffin scored eight points as the Huskers finished on an 11-1 run.
Dominique Kelley added 13 points and Lindsey Moore 11 for Nebraska, which never trailed.
Neuvirth had 25 points and 11 rebounds and Kelsey Woodard 12 points for the Bluejays.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NEBRASKA (24) 69 FINAL
Dec 9 9:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NEBRASKA (24) 30 HALFTIME
Dec 9 8:52 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- St. John's women beat Creighton for trip to NCAA tourney Mar 8
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Hart scores 18, No. 5 Ohio State routs Nebraska 96-70 Feb 18
- Nebraska women take down No. 17 Michigan State 73-66 Feb 14