San Jose State stuns No. 22 California 68-66Dec 10, 2009 - 5:23 AM BERKELEY, Calif.(AP) -- Chasity Shavers scored a career-high 32 points and made three free throws in the final 34 seconds to close out San Jose State's 68-66 upset of No. 22 California on Wednesday night.
Shavers repeatedly beat the Bears with fast-break layups and finished 11 of 19 from the field.
Alexis Gray-Lawson scored 21 points but missed on a drive to the basket with 6 seconds left. The Bears (4-4), who led by 13 in the first half, failed in their second attempt to get coach Joanne Boyle her 100th win at the school.
Samantha Marez added 13 points to help the Spartans (2-7) to their biggest win under third-year coach Pam DeCosta.
Shavers also had eight rebounds for the Spartans, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
SAN JOSE ST 68
CALIFORNIA (22) 66 FINAL
Dec 10 12:00 AM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
SAN JOSE ST 39
CALIFORNIA (22) 36 HALFTIME
Dec 9 10:53 PM
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3
- Plum leads No. 25 Washington women past Cal 75-65 Jan 31
- Billings leads No. 20 UCLA women past California 75-56 Jan 23
- Hanson leads No. 12 Oregon State women past Cal 70-48 Jan 16
- Utah women beat No. 21 Cal 84-79 Jan 10
- Arizona women knock off No. 21 California 57-52 Jan 5