Michigan beats No. 12 Xavier 72-71Dec 15, 2009 - 2:35 AM CINCINNATI(AP) -- Freshman Dayeesha Hollins scored 22 points, including a layup with 17 seconds left that rallied Michigan to a 72-71 victory over No. 12 Xavier on Monday night.
Carmen Reynolds scored 18 points and Krista Phillips added 16 for Michigan (8-2), which won its fourth straight game, all on the road. Hollins, playing in her hometown, finished with nine rebounds.
Michigan trailed 38-33 at halftime, but Hollins scored the first seven points of the second half, sparking a 19-2 run.
Katie Rutan led Xavier (7-2) with 18 points, while Amber Harris had 13, including a three-point play that put Xavier ahead 71-70 with 38 seconds left.
After setting a school record by winning its first seven games, Xavier has dropped two in a row. The Musketeers lost 66-53 at then-No. 21 Michigan State last Wednesday.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
XAVIER (12) 71 FINAL
Dec 14 8:57 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
XAVIER (12) 38 HALFTIME
Dec 14 7:51 PM
- Iowa women race past Michigan in Big Ten second round Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland uses big second half to beat Michigan 76-56 Feb 17
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- No. 17 Michigan State women beat Michigan 85-64 Feb 3
- Mitchell leads No. 7 Ohio State to 97-93 win over Michigan Jan 21
- No. 8 Maryland holds off upset-minded Michigan 74-67 Jan 14
- No. 8 Penn State takes down Michigan Mar 1
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Michigan advances behind Sheffer's double-double Mar 24
- Lucas leads Penn State past Michigan Feb 24
- Lucas helps Penn State get past Michigan Jan 21
- Michigan hires Barnes Arico to lead women's program Apr 20