James Madison tops LongwoodDec 22, 2009 - 12:34 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Dawn Evans scored 32 points and had six assists to lead No. 25 James Madison to an 85-67 win over Longwood on Monday.
Evans, a junior point guard and the nation's second-leading scorer, entered the top 10 on James Madison's career scoring list.
She scored 19 of her 32 points for the Dukes (8-1) in the first half and shot 9 for 17 from the floor for the game - including 4 of 9 from 3-point range. She also made 10 of 11 free throws.
Brittani Billups led the Lancers (4-9) with 17 points, one of four Longwood players to finish in double figures. Morgan Smith had 12, Krystal Garrison had 11 and Chelsea Coward added 10.
Sarah Williams scored 13 points for James Madison. The Lancers cut James Madison's lead to 12 with 5:58 to play, but they never got any closer.
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- James Madison beats Drexel 60-46 to win CAA, earn NCAA berth Mar 12
- James Madison women win third straight CAA championship Mar 12
- Davis helps No. 4 Baylor women beat James Madison 77-63 Dec 21
- Buckeyes win shootout over JMU to advance Mar 21
- Texas A&M tops James Madison to advance Mar 26
- Dukes dump Bulldogs at Reed Arena Mar 23
- No. 10 UNC holds off James Madison Jan 2
- Cowgirls defeat Dukes for WNIT Title Mar 31
- James Madison extends women's basketball coach, two others Sep 13
- Explosive Oklahoma knocks off James Madison Mar 20