Arizona tops Washington State 67-60Jan 8, 2010 - 4:57 AM PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Ify Ibekwe scored 21 points and pulled down eight rebounds as Arizona beat Washington State 67-60 Thursday night.
Davellyn Whyte added 14 points as Arizona (7-6, 1-2) picked up its first Pac-10 win of the season.
Washington State (5-9, 0-3) was led by April Cook, who scored 15 points. Carly Noyes also had a career-high 15 rebounds and three blocked shots for the Cougars.
Arizona got off to a quick start, going on a 16-2 run to start the game. The cougars shot poorly, starting off 1 of 11 in the first six minutes of play. Arizona would head into the locker room with a 34-28 lead.
After trailing by 15, Washington State pressed, forcing Arizona to turn the ball over and cut the lead to one, 49-48, with just under eight minutes to play in the game. But that was as close as Washington State would come.
Arizona won despite shooting only 44 percent from the foul line.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WASHINGTON ST 60 FINAL
Jan 7 11:03 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WASHINGTON ST 28 HALFTIME
Jan 7 9:55 PM
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4
- Jones leads Arizona women past Oregon 74-68 in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Arizona splits with women's basketball coach Niya Butts Mar 1
- Payton leads Oregon State past Washington State 69-49 Feb 28
- Crozon, Rodriguez lead Utah women over Washington St 75-69 Feb 27
- Cooks lifts Washington State women over Arizona 62-61 Feb 21
- Brunner, No. 9 Arizona State cruise past Washingtom Feb 19
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Arizona 82-58 Feb 13
- No. 14 UCLA women pull away from Washington State 73-61 Feb 13
- No. 14 UCLA women ease by Arizona 73-39 Feb 7