Washington beats Arizona 69-59Jan 9, 2010 - 10:29 PM SEATTLE(AP) -- Kristi Kingma tied a career high with 25 points to help Washington beat Arizona 69-59 on Saturday.
Laura McLellan added a season-high 15 points - all in the second half - for the Huskies (8-6, 3-1 Pac-10), who won their third consecutive game for the first time since February 2008.
Davellyn Whyte scored 20 to lead Arizona (7-7, 1-3). Ify Ibekwe added 16 points and 15 rebounds.
McLellan had seven points during a 15-0 run to rally the Huskies from a 48-40 deficit with 10:33 left to a 55-48 lead.
Kingma had a career-high five steals and tied a career high with seven rebounds. She was also 12 for 16 from the free-throw line, and scored 10 points in the final 5 minutes to help hold off the Wildcats.
Arizona was outscored 31-13 over the final 11:13 when it made only 3 of 18 shots from the field. Whyte made the three shots.
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24